Tuesday, October 15, 2013

trip 3 - how to tackle the grocery store!

Today I left my littles at home! That saved me about 2 % right there!
To say I shopped only the paper or only what I have coupons for would be telling a lie. I shop 90 % percent that way but my family is pretty brand specific. So I do have to buy things that are not on sale and I have no coupon for but hey I am STILL saving money in the long run. Today my stock up was barilla pasta sauce , since all kids eat pasta and sauce right?! we go through a lot in our house so this was a no brainer for me. Shaws has barilla sauce bogo and there is a man. q for 75 (which doubles) and it is only 2.49 to start with so yeah .. 1.00 for 2 pasta sauces YES PLEASE! I also stocked up on soup (store sale bogo, coupon for .50 off one) and vitamin water store sale of buy 15 get them for .67 cents each!
This was a minor stock up for me most weeks are not like this!
Todays total savings 87.78 or 39 % my grocery store skills are improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment